The moist, nutrient-rich conditions in your bin provide the perfect environment for germs, which start to build up the minute food waste is thrown away. Help keep a lid on the germs in your bin by following these simple steps:
- Kill germs and reduce odours by cleaning your wheelie bin after each collection – Domestos Bleach Spray is perfect for targeting hard-to-reach areas inside, and don't forget to give the lid and handle a quick spray and wipe down, to help keep your bin hygienically clean.
- Wash your hands every time you touch the bin.
- Wrap up organic food waste properly to keep germs confined.
- Keep your bin lid closed, to keep flies out and to help keep smells to a minimum.
- Follow your local council's guidelines for recycling.