You can't rely on pets to wash their paws every time they come into the house from the garden! And as much joy as they bring, they provide germs with an easy entrance route into a household. It's possible to live with pets hygienically; you just need to take extra care about handwashing, and wiping down surfaces and objects which they come into contact with, as well as regularly cleaning floors.
To help keep your home hygienically clean if you have pets, follow these golden rules:
- Pets should not be allowed on food preparation surfaces and, if these surfaces do come into contact with an animal, use Domestos Bleach Spray immediately, before starting to prepare food.
- Wipe down litter trays and cages with Domestos Bleach Spray and change all cage bedding on a regular basis.
- Do not clean fish bowls or cages in your kitchen sink.
- Floor surfaces used by pets and pet feeding areas should be regularly cleaned with Domestos Extended Germ-Kill, especially if babies or young children in the home crawl or play on the floor.
- Ensure your pets' feeding area is clean and that they have their own dishes and utensils.
- Pet feeding equipment should be cleaned with Domestos Bleach Spray on a regular basis.
- Keep litter trays away from food preparation areas and from children.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after washing litter trays.
- Pets should be appropriately protected from germs with the right vaccinations. If your pet becomes ill, however, seek advice from your vet immediately.